Do It Yourself ( D-I-Y ) Dog Agility Equipment Plans
Stick-in-the-Ground Weave Poles
These Plans are for making a set of 6 Stick-in-the-Ground Weave Poles from 3/4” PVC.
Follow these plans and your completed Weave Poles will look similar to the Agility Gear Stick-in-the-Ground Weave Poles pictured above.
Minimal: A PVC cutting tool ( please refer to Cutting PVC under the D-I-Y Equipment Tips on this website )
From your local Building Supply Store:
1. Two 10 foot lengths of 3/4” schedule 40 PVC Pipe ( 20 feet )
2. PVC Cement ( small can )
3. Additionally, if you decide ( optional ) to remove the labels from the PVC, you will need to purchase acetone
The following items are typically not sold at a Building Supply Store, or the store often does not stock sufficient quantities to meet your requirements.
1. Stick-in-the-Ground Weave Pole Spikes ( set of 6 )
2. Six 3/4” PVC End Caps ( End caps are theoretically available at your Building Supply Store, but often only in limited quantities ).
3. Colored Vinyl tape to decorate your Weave Poles ( stay away from Duct tape, it rapidly deteriorates in the sun and peels )
The above three items can be purchased on this website. Please refer to the PVC Fittings and Jump Cups and Misc Agility product categories. Alternatively, you can purchase an Agility Gear Stick-in-the-Ground Weave Pole Kit.
Clean Your PVC
If you decide to clean your PVC Pipe and Fittings, it is recommended that you do it at this point ( please refer to Cleaning PVC under the D-I-Y Equipment Tips on this website ).
Cut Your PVC
Cut your PVC Pipe into Six Sections to form the Poles. We recommend a length of 30 inches for your Poles. 30 inches is the perfect height for leading your dog through the weaves. Taller poles may look nice, but make it difficult to lead your dog with a treat through the weaves.
1. Glue ( cement ) a Spike and End Cap to the opposite ends of each weave pole you cut from the 3/4” PVC.
2. Allow the glue ( cement ) to dry
3. Decorate your Weave Poles with colored vinyl tape.
Your Weave Poles should now look similar to ones pictured above.
Copyright © 2013 Agility Gear, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.