Fancy word for a
practical item, a cavaletti is a
flip-adjustable hurdle that can help your dog be a stronger competitor! They
are used by competitors and trainers for building confidence and "body
awareness". Basically your dog walks over them in a row (they are not used
for jumping). This challenges him to develop balance and perception, and to
strengthen his ability to stretch, lift, and use all 4 legs in a more accurate
manner. It is recommended to purchase between 5 and 10 cavelettis for best
These cavalettis come in 3 sizes (small, medium, large). Within each size
caveletti there are 4 height adjustments that can be made by flipping the
caveletti over. Please note the specified height adjustments below. Some
adjustments are small, while others are greater. To determine the general
caveletti size needed, measure your dog's rear "hocks" when he is
standing on all fours (the distance from the ground up to his elbow joint).
Then choose a cavaletti that has the most sizes that are at or under your dog's
Made of UV resistant
plastic, with plugged ends, 3' in width. Comes with decorative tape and
training tips for various cavaletti exercises you can do.
Choosing the Correct Cavalettis for Your Dog
We suggest getting a minimum
of 4 cavellettis, but preferably between 5 and 10 for best results. Order
our 5 Packs and save up to 40% on shipping. Remember that the goal is not
for your dog to jump over them, but to walk over them.
- If your dog has a 12" hock or larger, we suggest getting all larges.
- If your dog has a 11" hock, you can use only 3 sizes within the large. We suggest you get mostly larges, and throw in 1 or 2 mediums if desired.
- If your dog has a 8"-10" hock, we suggest getting all mediums.
- If your dog has a 7" hock, you should not use the 8" height in the medium, but you can use the other 3 heights. We suggest getting mostly mediums, and throw in 1 or 2 smalls if desired.
- If your dog has a 6" hock, we suggest getting all smalls.
- If your dog has a 5" hock, you would want all smalls. You should not use the 6" height on the small.
- If your dog has a 3- 4" hock, you should only use two heights on the small size, so get all smalls.